I was reading some blogs and saw all these "100 Things About Me" and thought it would be fun to do a variation of this about A&M. Obviously these will change a lot over the months/years, so it will be fun to update it.
1. A&M were conceived in a petri dish.
2. Their due date was 6/21/04.
3. They were born 5/07/04 at 33w5d.
4. Alex is 2 minutes older than Mia.
5. Alex weighed 4lbs.5oz. and was hogging all the nutrients.
6. Mia only weighed 3lbs.5oz.
7. Alex spent 3 weeks in the NICU.
8. Mia spent 5 weeks in the NICU.
9. When they came home I cried and wondered WHAT THE HELL DID I GET MYSELF INTO?
10. Alex rolled over at 2 months old or 2 weeks adjusted age. Smart boy!
11. Mia had reflux and took Zantac until 9 months old.
10. Alex used to be easily startled, which makes Mia laugh.
12. I would prefer to dress Mia in purple (b/c I love purple), but she looks better in pink.
13. They both have the clearest blue eyes I have ever seen.
14. People ask me ALL THE TIME if they are identical. My response: "Nope, he has a penis!" Then half the people argue with me that they are still identical.
15. People assume Alex is a girl because he has long hair.
16. They used to love veggies and avocado, now they don't. :(
17. They don't like much of anything, but raisins and cookies.
18. Mia tried to crawl at 8 1/2 months.
19. Succeeded on all fours at 10 months.
20. Alex was two weeks behind.
21. Mia walked around 14 months.
22. Alex was a month behind.
23. Alex ran and jumped first.
24. They are big talkers, but we don't always understand their words.
25. Both of them know many signs to communicate with us.
26. Their first sign was ALL DONE.
27. Their favorite sign is MORE.
28. Mia is the boss of Alex.
29. Alex lets her be the boss.
30. Mia is a biter, which is why she is the boss of Alex.
31. Alex never got the hang of biting since he didn't get his first tooth until he turned 1.
32. Alex likes to hit.
33. Mia loves to read.
34. Alex loves to push around the baby stroller.
35. Mia loves this, as well, especially when she can steal the stroller from Alex.
Neither of them are very interested in the baby doll that goes with the stroller.They LOVE their babydolls.
37. But they prefer real babies.
38. They will
probably never get a real baby brother or sister.
39. Alex loves to play with sticks and rocks and bugs.
40. Mia loves the sliding board and swing at the park.
41. One of their first words was "outside."
42. After they said "duck."
43. Mia talks a lot now (and to think I was worried).
44. Alex started out talking to his hand.
45. He still talks to himself a lot.
46. Mia loves cats.
47. Alex loves dogs, until they bark.
48. They both love airplanes.
49. They've never flown on an airplane.
50. They like to hide their shoes (behind the library chair).
51. Sometimes they hide them so well I can't find them.
52. Mia wears a half size bigger shoe than Alex.
53. At 2 she weighed 2.5lbs. more than him.
54. He was an inch taller.
55. He's so skinny his pants fall down 1/2 the time.
56. They both have teddy bear blankets that they sleep with.
57. Alex sucks his thumb.
58. Mia used to have a more difficult time soothing herself to sleep.
59. Mia needs less sleep than Alex.
60. They both sleep 10+ hours a night.
61. They nap 2-3 hours a day.
62. Mia sleeps like her father...an earthquake wouldn't wake her once she falls asleep.
63. They like to give each other hugs and kisses when they're not fighting.
64. They hold hands and sing the "I Love You" Barney song.
65. They refer to Barney as Bar-Bar.
66. They didn't watch TV at all until they were 22 months old.
67. Now they would watch it 24/7 if we let them.
68. They LOVE Elmo, but not too much else on Sesame Street.
69. They knew all the characters on the show before they ever saw it from their diapers (Pampers).
70. Alex is now a bigger talker than Mia.
71. Mia is in speech therapy.
72. At 26 months they figured out how to climb out of their cribs.
73. Mia learned first and we found them asleep together in Alex's crib.
74. When they both started doing it 25+ times a night I bought crib tents.
75. Mia won't go to bed with the tent zipped, so we wait until she's asleep and then zip it.
76. She doesn't climb out anymore.
77. Alex likes to kiss our eyes, ears, nose and mouth when he says "Night, night!"
78. Mia gives eskimo kisses at bedtime.
79. They use several stalling tactics to avoid bedtime: more wa-wa, cuh-yahs (covers), baby, teddy (both of which have been thrown out of the crib), turning off the aquarium while we watch and then saying "Uh oh!" as if it is broken.
80. They love the water -- bathtime, pools, sprinklers.
81. Alex loves the ocean.
82. Amelia is scared of the ocean...
83. and the dark.
84. Alex loves to pick up live bugs and give them to mommy.
85. Alex likes to collect and hoard things.
86. Mia sometimes joins him, but most of the time prefers to run around.
87. Both of them LOVE play doh (doh, mommy, doh!)
88. Their favorite books are currently If You Take a Mouse to School and Catch Me! Catch Me! (a Thomas the Tank Engine book).
89. Daddy is currently #1 in our house.
90. Alex loves to count, but only to 2! (1-2, 1-2, 1-2)
91. They both love to sing, especially Mr. Derby's "Hop-Hop Song" or "Hello, Everybody" from Music Together.
92. They are not going to preschool next year.
93. They hit the terrible twos at about 26 months.
94. They are still REALLY good and funny and sweet.
95. Alex shares more than Mia.
96. Mia snuggles more than Alex.
97. They both love each other and say it daily.
98. A-yah and Ya-Ya (now Mi-A!) are their nicknames for each other.
99. People now ask me if she is older because she is bigger.
100. Alex and Mia are growing up TOO FAST.