Since I've been gone for so long, I figured I would start out by reviewing my New Year's resolutions. Sort of a "State of Kristin's Union" now that we're about 1/4 of the way through the year. Here goes...
10) Get a healthier diet. WOO HOO, I can actually say I'm doing great with this resolution. Every week I plan our dinners and get great recipes from www.cookinglight.com and The South Beach Diet cookbook. Weekends are another story, but at least I'm making progress.
9) Get rid of the 15 baby pounds. I'm doing better with this, I now have 10lbs. to go, but bathing suit season is fast approaching. I think my days of being a bikini-wearing-hot-mamma were over before they ever began. A mom of twins must have invented the tankini because it hides the twin skin pretty well.
8) Get back into my exercise routine. If lifting 40 lbs. of baby and pushing a stroller up hill BOTH ways to the park counts ;-) , then I've got this one down.
7) Get away WITHOUT the twins and WITH my hubby. Done. In February we spent one night alone (albeit 10 minutes from home) at a swank hotel and had a romantic dinner.
6) Get away WITHOUT the twins and WITHOUT the hubby. Done. Damn, I'm doing better than I thought. Brian surprised me by sending me to a spa and inn for a weekend of pampering with my best friend. It was wonderful to catch up, eat well and sleep in. We laughed that sleeping until 8am was a luxury.
5) Get some more patience. Work in progress.
4) Get organized as I am a clutter-bug, car key-losing, pile-making SLOB. Here's a picture of my closet, which should sum up how well I'm doing with this resolution.
3) Get back to work and actually make some $$. I am back to work part-time, and I did sell one condo. Too bad it is my future sister-in-law's and I'm so kind that I'm giving back most of my commission.
2) Get laid more often. We were doing well on this one, but then I fell off the sex wagon. Poor hubby!
1) Get a life and stop making New Years’ Resolutions. FAILED!
So, I'm 3 for 10 on my resolutions with several works in progress. Not bad considering we're only 3 months into the year.